Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My War with Coffee

This post is more or less an exploration or ongoing research post.  I want to answer some basic questions, not on caffeine, but specifically on coffee.  Coffee, not tea, not yerba mate, not chocolate, not energy drinks or pills, but coffee alone has been a struggling point with me for many years. Why does coffee seem to help my mood, improve my breathing, help me concentrate and focus and improve my activity level, only to later have me grouchy and even depressed, itchy and/or have stomach aches, make me jittery, irritable and scrambled emotionally inside and make me want to take a good nap?

I want to explore these contrasts a little bit at a time, so I will update this post periodically.  The first subject I want to explore is how coffee seems to improve asthma, as I have found that coffee achieves open air waves, relaxed breathing better for me than the prescription, Albuterol, used for the same purposes.

Live Strong has this short article, and I will do some research from this starting point, theophylline, one of the other ingredients in coffee other than caffeine.






No comments:

Post a Comment